In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic and the health and safety of all of families who attend Music Together®, classes in person, we will be following guidelines as set by the State of FL as well as the CDC for outdoor events and children’s activities. By checking the box on the registration form, you certify that you have read this form and agree to follow by the guidelines stated below.
1. Before every class, participants will be required to participate in a basic health screening consisting of these 4 questions:
*Do you currently have any symptoms of a cold or flu ? .
*Have you or anyone in your household been diagnosed with the COVID- 19 virus ?
*Have you traveled internationally (or just travelled ) in the last 14 days?
*Have you or anyone in your household been directed to self-quarantine ?
2. Please refrain from attending class you've been diagnosed with coronavirus, if you or your child(ren) have been in close proximity to someone who has recently had the coronavirus, if you or your children are feeling sick, have a fever, a cough, or are experiencing general difficulty breathing. Any family sent away due to failed screening may choose to attend one of our Zoom sessions to make up the class if they would like to do so, and ALL in-person families will still be provided with a link to an online class so that you can use that at home if you are not feeling 100% and know that you should not try to attend in-person class. Contact Laurie with any questions/concerns.
3. If you, anyone in your family, or anyone you have been in close contact with is diagnosed with coronavirus symptoms after attending class or at any time during the semester, you are required to report that immediately to Laurie.
4. Please wash your hands frequently, and before and after attending our classes. A sanitization station will be in place with hand sanitizer. We recommend that every family bring their own hand sanitizer as well.
5. During class, children and adults will be required to maintain a minimum of a 6 foot distance between themselves and other participants who are not in the same family or quarantine group. This could be challenging as children naturally tend to be social and it was not the norm in the past during our classes! However, we will be asking every family to be responsible to keep the appropriate distance with their children. Please be aware of this guideline and help us to maintain it!
6. Children under 3 years of age will not be required to wear masks.
7. Adults and older children shall wear a surgical style face mask or other covering for their nose and mouth any time they are within 6 feet of those who are not in the same household. (This will mostly apply to the brief periods for arrival, screening, departure, and any time you need to leave your designated family space during class, for example to go to the bathroom or chase a child who might try to wander into another family’s space.) If you have a medical condition that prevents you being able to abide by this rule, we are very sorry, but we cannot accommodate you in our in-person classes at this time.
8. Bathroom Use – At some outdoor locations, the host might require that any family that wishes to use an indoor bathroom will use a mask. Some outdoor locations might NOT have available bathrooms. Please go to the bathroom before you come, and consider carrying a potty in your car for younger kids who might have “potty emergencies” during class.
10. Instruments or other objects will not be shared. Families will be advised about what to bring from home for instruments or props. A list of recommended instruments or homemade substitutes will be sent out so that you know what to have in your Music Together kit so you can be prepared.
11. Weather issues - If the class is cancelled due to rain or other inclement weather conditions, classes will be held on Zoom. In addition, one rain date will be setup for each in-person class location. Families who miss individual classes can make them up on Zoom. There will be no refunds or credits offered for missed classes except for cases of extended illness.
WHAT TO BRING FOR YOUR OUTSIDE MUSIC TOGETHER CLASS
1. A BLANKET OR SOMETHING TO SIT ON 2. WATER BOTTLE
3. HAND SANITIZER
4. INSTRUMENTS FOR THE DAY: Your teacher will post ahead of time with a list of what you need to bring to class. Children and adults will not be sharing instruments with other families. We understand this might be challenging, but it is a temporary precaution for everyone’s health and safety.
5. Also consider SUNSCREEN and INSECT REPELLENT.
As a willing participant in Music Together with Laurie's Outdoor or classes in person my family and I agree to the following:
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS: I understand that naturally occurring disease processes (including, but not limited to, the novel coronavirus or COVID-19), may exist in the community, including at Music Together with Laurie, and present an inherent risk that cannot be eliminated. I acknowledge that, although Music Together with Laurie is taking reasonable measures to avoid contact, transmittal, and exposure of disease processes like COVID-19 between people in our classes, it is ultimately my responsibility to ensure that I and my child take appropriate actions to safe-guard ourselves. I understand and agree that as a registered member of Music Together with Laurie , I am accepting and voluntarily assuming the risk that I or my child may be exposed and become ill as a result of COVID-19 and other diseases.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY: I, on behalf of myself and my child hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and covenant not to sue Music Together with Laurie or the outdoor location owner (“Released Parties”) for any claims that may arise out of or relate in any way to my or my child’s exposure to any communicable disease, including but not limited to the novel coronavirus or COVID-19 or any other accident that may cause harm. The claims hereby released include, but are not limited to, claims of negligence against any of the Released Parties.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. BY ENROLLING IN CLASSES AT MUSIC TOGETHER WITH LAURIE, I UNDERSTAND I HAVE GIVEN UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS AND THAT THIS IS A BINDING LEGAL DOCUMENT.